About Junior Clinics
The ROGY (Red Orange Green Yellow) Pathway is a program progression tool for junior players. In every stage of development, coaches utilize age-appropriate equipment, teaching competencies, and events to best suit the player's progress. While not all students progress at the same rate, the ROGY Pathway provides a framework for students to transition based on sound technique and tactical competencies, rather than impatience.
3 Pathways At Rptc: Club, Academy, and Première
Things to Note:
- Ages listed only serve as a basic guideline .
- We reserve the right to remove students from a group if they do not fit the level or environment.
- Academy and Première Players must participate in minimum 2 clinics per week.
- Academy and Première Players must be taking private lessons with a coach in our program to ensure consistency in coaching philosophy.
- Pre Red (Ages 3.5-4.5) – Mon/Wed 2:45-3:30
- Red Juniors (Ages 4.5-5.5) – Mon/Wed 3:30-4:30, Tues 4:30-5:30
- Red Futures (Ages 5.5-9) – Mon/Wed 3:30-4:30, Tues 4:30-5:30
- Academy 1 (Ages 6-9) – Tues/Thurs 4-5, Fri 4:30-5:30, If Academy 1 players are taking private lessons, it must be with a coach in our program to ensure consistency in coaching philosophy.
- Club 1&2 (ages 9-13) – Tues 3:30-4:30, Thurs 4:30-5:30
- Academy 2 (ages 7-10) – Mon/Wed 4:30-6, Fri 5-6:30, Class is 1 hour tennis instruction followed by 30 min fitness and conditioning. Twice a week requirement. Sign up requires evaluation and approval by Head Pro.
- Club 1&2 (ages 10+) – Tues/Thurs 5-6:30pm. Players may require evaluation prior to enrolling.
- Academy 3 (ages 8-10) – Mon/Wed 4-6, Fri 5-7, Class is 1.5 hours tennis instruction followed by 30 min fitness and conditioning. Twice a week requirement.
- Club 1&2 (ages 12+) – Tues/Thurs 6:30-8, Fri 7-8:30, Due to high demand for this group, players must meet an intermediate level to participate. Priority will be given to members of the club and students who have been in the program the longest.
- Academy 4 (UTR 1-3, ages 9-12) – Mon/Wed 5-7:30, Fri 3:30-6. Class is 2 hours tennis instruction followed by 30 min fitness and conditioning.
- Première Academy – Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs 5-7:30, Fri 6-8:30. Class is 2 hours tennis instruction followed by 30 min fitness and conditioning.
- Pre Red - Ages 3.5-4.5 Wednesdays 3-3:45
- Red Juniors - Ages 4.5-5.5 Mon/Wed 4-5
- Red Futures - Ages 5.5-9 Mon/Wed 4-5, Fri 3-4
- Red Academy - Ages 6-9 Tues 4-5, Tues 530-630, Fri 3-4 *requires approval before sign up*
- Futures - Ages 11+ Tues/Thurs 5-630
- Academy - Ages 10+ Monday 430-6, Wed 330-5, Fri 5-6:30
- Futures - ages 13+ Mon 6-730, Wed 7-830 *due to high demand for this group, players must meet an intermediate level to participate. Priority will be given to members of the club and students who have been in the program the longest
- Academy - UTR 2-5 Tues/Thurs/Fri 630-830, UTR 5+ Wed 5-7
Frequently Asked Questions
We will set up an evaluation to assess what class is the best fit for your child. We will need to know about prior playing experience, student goals, and commitment level. We reserve the right to remove players from groups if they do not fit the level of the class.
Our progression plan is based on the notion that impatience and desire to move to a different ball quickly should never override proper development. Players must display a high proficiency in a variety of areas prior to transitioning levels. When children transition too quickly, there is greater likelihood that they will develop technical flaws to compensate for developmentally inappropriate play. We encourage parents to communicate with their child’s coach regularly on their progress and skills to work on outside of class.
We do not offer credits and cannot guarantee makeups in the case of rain. If a class is affected twice in a session due to weather, we will offer an additional makeup class. Players are welcome to come to a different day of the same level class, but must contact us first to ensure there is space.
Sessions are 10 weeks long and students are expected to sign up for the entire length. If there is space available, students are welcome to join midsession. The price will be prorated.